Thursday, May 29, 2008

Theory in Aix

In one sublime day I visited Cezanne´s refuge - the vantage point from where he painted his numerous views, sightings, sides, dimensions, atonalities of Mt St-Victoire - and watched "Bubba Hotep" in subtitles - apparently for all their love of these sorts of things (the French love of Jerry Lewis has been too often dwelt upon to merit further notice here but they did also award both Sharon Stone and Sylvester Stallone honorifics) they missed the subtlety of the King´s love of peanut-butter and banana sandwiches as that was translated/transculturated as simply "hamburger". How is one to address the vicissitudes of a subject as fecund and round with hope as Hotel Cinema after such a commingling? There is much brewing, though I am unsure if I will have the opportunity to address this further at present, perhaps even before I return to New York, but I will ponder it further as I am now here in the land of Bergman and Max von Sydow. Till then, tillsammans
fp