Thursday, May 6, 2010

A wise man knows he has no home

My colleague here has elsewhere appropriately lauded this brief rememberance of a rough and timely literary encounter as worthy of consideration and contemplation and I can but agree. In these diaphanous and unmoored days, when ugly anger seems the defacto setting for social interaction and various conspiracy theories serve as organizing and orchestrating principles how could one not? I can offer only this and ask if alienation, and the existential ennui that it forces to the fore, is not perhaps now more our valise than ever?

2 comments:

jon faith said...

I believe you are on to something per the twin totems of ugly anger and the smoking gun.

jon faith said...

We viewed Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans last night and it proved to be abd, really bad. Almost deplorable. I am more wont to see Rio Bravo tonight and order Hitch 22 than I am to ponder this derailing of expectation. Enough.